This article is going to be the first piece of content in our blog about the membership. If you don’t have the time today to read through it, here are the key elements right away:
- You’ll have access to more than 25 hours of video content right away after you’ve signed up. And this content is ever-growing (replays of webinars, master classes, interviews, …)
- We add new content to the membership area on a regular basis (ebooks, new courses, articles, etc. …)
- M.I.T.A. is not only about consuming content. It also offers the opportunity to interact with other fellow members and the whole community. Enjoy our exclusive place on Facebook called “M.I.T.A. Meetup”
First of all, creating this membership was not a long-planned effort. It rather happened at short notice and we (TC and I) were pretty thrilled about the opportunities for the CITs and also for M.I.T.A. as an educational institution that would come with a membership. Having a technical solution in place is only half of what you need for a membership. The main attention is going to fall on the content. That’s why this article is dedicated to sharing our content strategy for members.
1) Existing content for the launch
We wanted to start our M.I.T.A. membership with a substantial amount of content right away. And this includes not only the “Basic Course” which is designed to give an introduction to general interval thinking but also a vast video library which consists of more than 25 hours of content. This video library gives members access to replays of our own Master Classes, interviews, and past webinars. On top of that, we’ve transformed our existing ebooks into actual video lessons in which we go through the written materials and explain everything in detail. And we are going to keep that format for all future ebooks as well!
2) Strategy for new content
Using pre-existing content only is not a solid strategy for providing value to your members. You have to be able to present new and relevant content on a regular basis, hence, you’ll need to have a strategy in place. Well, here’s ours:
- Every 2-3 months we are going to release a new “big item” for our members. This could either be a brand-new course (like “How to gather material for composition”, or “Most efficient ways to develop your sketch”, or even “Tips and Tricks for music production”), a new ebook (like “Negative Harmony”, or “Concepts of Orchestration”, or “Chromatic Harmony”) or a new Master Class/interview with an expert in the industry.
- Every month we are going to do an online live event via Zoom. This can reach from Q&As, teaching webinars, composition reviews, etc. … of course, all of these events will be recorded and put into the video library.
- Twice a month we are going to publish a new article on our blog. All of these articles will be related to music and are designed to give valuable information and to entertain at the same time.
3) Interactions with members
M.I.T.A. doesn’t want to be limited to consumer goods only. Actually, we want to go further and provide opportunities for members to interact with the community and also to get rewarded for that!
- At our exclusive Facebook group called “M.I.T.A. Meetup” members can freely share their musical works, ask for help, get in touch with M.I.T.A. instructors and CITs (composers in training) or simply enjoy the support of this great community.
- Our CITs are very supportive and generous by allowing all members to have an exclusive insight into their works, including not only the actual music but also the scores (sometimes even sketches).
- At M.I.T.A. we offer challenges and competitions amongst the members. These challenges go hand in hand with prizes like a free 1-on-1 lesson, t-shirts or even being featured in an exclusive video interview.
Hopefully, this article gives you an idea of what you can expect from this exciting musical journey!
Best always and stay brilliant,